Disclaimer: I was provided with product from Vega and Silk to create these smoothies. All opinions are recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and partnerships that make this possible.
I have a confession to make: I am an absolute freaking disaster in the mornings.
Waaaaay back when I was a kid, my dad called me Milton the Early Riser because I loved to wake up early. Like ridiculously early.
Now? I will sleep until the very last second and then rush around to get out the door.
Some days I won’t brush my hair.
Some days I won’t put on make up.
Some days I just hope my clothes are clean and kind of match.
Like I said, Disaster.
The two things I’ll never skip are coffee (duh) and my breakfast smoothie.
I’m a creature of habit and have been rocking the breakfast smoothie for three and a half years and I see no reason to stray from that.
I love combining VegaOne and Silk Unsweetened Almond (or Coconut, or Cashew!) as I get 20g of protein (and I’ll crash hard without it!), no added sugar, and the same amount of calcium as I’d get from cows milk. Since I don’t like cows milk, I love knowing I’m getting what I need from my smoothie when I start the day.
For the days you’re running late, or the days where you need a last minute snack, I have two amazing recipes for you to help you kick your smoothie game up a notch.
Banana Mocha Smoothie
When we were kids, my dad loved to make us chocolate banana milk shakes.
After my crazy day on Saturday, I wanted something quick and healthy that I could call dinner, but also wanted it to taste like dessert.
I channeled the milkshake from my childhood and turned it into a grown up version, because mocha really is just chocolate for grown ups.
- 1c frozen fruit with frozen bananas
- 1 scoop Mocha VegaOne
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used almond)
- 1c Silk Unsweetened Almond milk
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend away!
- Tip: Frozen fruit is typically better priced than fresh (especially when it's out of season) and saves you from needing to add ice and water down the smoothie.
Taste of the Tropics Smoothie
I’m not ready for summer to be over (thank goodness I’m heading some place tropical tomorrow and thought I’d make my smoothie taste like the tropics with tropical fruit and some Coconut Almond VegaOne.
I tend to add berries to my smoothie, so the mix of peaches, mangoes, and strawberries was a delicious and fun way to change things up.
- 1c frozen fruit, tropical blend
- 1 scoop Coconut Almond VegaOne
- 1c Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk (or make things really fun and use Unsweetened Coconut)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend away!
- Tip: If you take any vitamins or supplements in capsule form, open up the capsules and add them to the blender before you blend.
What’s your must have smoothie ingredient?
Do you like simple smoothies, or do you add all the things?I'm building a better smoothie with Silk & Vega - let's get blending! #SilkSummerofSmoothies #adClick To Tweet
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!