A long, long time ago, I used to set annual and monthly goals. Two (or maybe even three?) years ago I stepped back from the monthly goals and instead would set a word, or intention for the year ahead (you can see my 2015 word here – though I was anything but consistent this year).
This year, I think I might be time to get back to the goal setting, I just need to remember to not be too hard on myself. Not nailing a goal doesn’t mean I’ve failed, it just means I’m still making progress. Sometimes good is good enough.
- Get stronger – this means physio and cross training.
- Find a training plan that works for me. Sometimes I can handle high mileage and sometimes I can’t. Once I’m over this injury hurdle, I’ll be seeking out a plan for me.
- Quality over quantity. I raced a lot this year, but most of my races were just runs. I’d like to race in 2016, but have them be quality races and fun races.
- Run more locally. I’d like to run all of the Spruce Meadows events, MEC events and 5 Peaks events (local peeps take note: THREE MEC and 5 Peaks events overlap, so we’ll need to choose. Sad). I’m traveling for DisneyWorld, SeaWheeze and DisneyLand so far. I may also run Victoria because my dad will be there (and I’m already missing Bri and Indy!) but I need to limit flying all over North America (as fun as that may be!).
- Eat well.
- Go to the gym.
- Keep an eye on my anxiety and depression so if I end up in a hole like I did this fall, I can nip it in the bud quickly. (Yes, this is easier said than done).
- Save! This is tied to limiting race travel, but I want to get myself back on a stricter budget. I’d also like to take a trip that’s not race related, and in order to do so, it’s time to save up some cashola.
- Spend more time with my friends. 2015 has had a lot of ups, but this fall took its toll on me and I felt like I pulled away from friends and put up some walls. I want to be better at making plans and leaving my house to do things with the Alberta Adventure Girls (even if I do consider myself more the indoorsy type!).
- Date? Yup. Definitely want to 1 – throw up in my mouth, and 2 – delete that one. I don’t talk a heck of a lot about my personal life on here, mostly because my personal lift consists of going home and hanging out with my cat *shrug* but I’m throwing this out into the universe because who know what will happen. And, if I’m throwing things out into the universe, Prince Harry is still single, right? 😉
Be sure to check back in early January for my goals for the month and to find out my word for 2016. I’m not sure what it will be yet, but I’m thinking about it.
[Tweet “Time to start thinking about what you want to accomplish in 2016. Come see what Ange has in store #thefitdish”]
Name one goal for 2016!
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!