Before I dive in and tell you why, as a former treadmill lover, I’m not hopping on the ‘mill just yet do me a favour and click on the picture below (or find it on Instagram) and make your way through the loop. We have over $500 of awesomeness for you to win and today is the last day you can enter to win! I mean, just look at the brands below, you surely don’t want to miss out.
Okay, so friends, let’s talk treadmill.
I’ve previously mentioned that the weather in Calgary has been less than stellar (with the exception of the past week or so) and that makes running outside tough from a motivational standpoint. This begs the question, “Why don’t I just hop on the treadmill?” and I’ve certainly asked myself that a few times as well.
With the treadmill I can stay warm and dry, I can watch TV or Netflix (in theory), and just zone out, yet I’ve resisted spending any significant amount of time on the treadmill. Heck, the last time I was in the gym in my building it was merely to go pee because it was easier to go up one floor before running errands than it was to go up 21 floors.
Why I’m Not Currently Using the Treadmill
- My condo gym has no Wifi, this mean no Netflix since my iPad is WiFi only.
- My condo gym has TV, but they aren’t hooked up to anything (ugh, don’t even get my started).
- I enjoy treadmill running far less than I enjoy running outside. I don’t think forcing myself to run on the treadmill will motivate me to run more
- I don’t know what my comfortable pace is anymore. The last thing I want to do see a number on the treadmill. Yes, I’m aware I can hide the number, but I also know I wouldn’t hide it, and I’d look at it.
- I find treadmill running significantly more difficult than running outside. Why push myself to make something more difficult that I’m currently struggling with?
I slowly am finding myself wanting to run, but instead of forcing myself to run X miles, or saying I have to run on certain days, I’m taking it day by day.
Yes, I’ll be running 19.4 miles over the weekend, and yes, I’m going to be sore as a result, but it might just need the push I need to regularly include running as part of my routine. Ideally, I’d like to run 3 days per week (I’m thinking 5-8km each time) and go to barre 3 days per week over the winter, as I do need to start upping my mileage as I get ready for Ragnar in Toronto in May.
Are you a treadmill lover or a hater?
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!