Hi friends! Happy Monday!
I hope the weekend was good to you 🙂
I admit, I had much higher hopes for this week, but sometimes life (and the weather) just doesn’t cooperate. I did the best I could, and while I’m hoping to do better next week, overall, I’m happy with how my training played out this week.
I had a pretty low key weekend, and I have to say, it was much needed!
Marathon Training Recap
- Monday – My original plan was to head to GoodLife Fitness and take part in a virtual BODYPUMP class, but I ended up spending 6 hours cleaning my spare room, and decided that was good enough for me 🙂
- Tuesday – The plan for today was 8 miles outside. Well. I got caught in a crazy storm and running outside wasn’t an option, so I took it to the treadmill and managed 5.25 miles.
- Wednesday – I was foiled by the weather again. I had 4 miles scheduled and didn’t want to risk getting drenched at lunch and had a massage in the evening, so this didn’t end up happening.
- Thursday – Ugh. Three missed workouts in a row 🙁 I started feeling really sick on my way home and was in bed before 9pm, so I think my body needed a bit of rest.
- Friday – 4 miles after work. This was a bit of a struggle. I’m not sure if it was because I took 2 days off in a row, or if I was still fighting something from Thursday, but I didn’t feel awesome.
- Saturday – Barre in the morning. Calgary Night Race (recap coming tomorrow) in the evening. I warmed up with 3 miles before the race, ran the 10k as a tempo run, and cooled off with a mile back to my car. I left Calgary around 11pm and had a 90 minute drive to my mom’s so this was a super late night for me.
- Sunday – 4 easy miles with my mom 🙂 I didn’t care that I ran 10 miles the night before, my mom suggested a run and I was happy to run with her; it’s been YEARS since we last ran together.
Total mileage: 23.25 miles.
Even with all the hiccups, this was my longest mileage week to-date, so I’m happy with it.
Each week I’m learning better how to fuel my body, roll out the sore spots and to balance listening to my body and challenging myself.
I’m struggling quite a bit with low energy levels, so this means it’s time to head to the doc and get things looked at. This has been a struggle for quite a while for me, so I think it’s evident not everything is working quite as it should and it’s time to be a bit more pushy when advocating for myself.
How was your week of training?
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!