How is SeaWheeze weekend over already?!
Insert sadface here.
If you came here hoping for a race recap, you won’t find that here today, you’ll need to wait until Wednesday for that.
For now, you can read all about my workouts from this past week. They’ll probably make you feel a bit better about your workouts 😉
Marathon Training Recap
- Monday – Total rest day here. Last weekend was fun, but tiring and I woke up at 5:15 to drive home from my mom’s so I could make it to work on time.
- Tuesday – Ugh. This run and I did not get along. The plan was 2 miles warm-up, 2 miles at race pace, 2 miles cool down. Well, I nailed the warm up and the first mile and died on the second. I totally would have turned around halfway through the second, but I’d stashed my water bottle in a bush, so needed to go back and get it before I could get home. I probably ran 4.5 miles out of the 6, so I guess it wasn’t that awful, but it felt awful.
- Wednesday – Beer 😉 Ha! It was roasting out, so I opted for an evening off and rescheduled my run to Thursday morning instead.
- Thursday – Two morning miles on the treadmill! I was scheduled for four, but also had a shakeout run on Friday and a half marathon on Saturday, so opted to scale back the mileage a bit to keep my legs fresh.
- Friday – I had a shake out run on the schedule, but between waiting all the hours to get into the SeaWheeze store and buying all the Lululemon and then eating all the food at Forage and walking all the steps, I just wasn’t able to fit in a run. It probably would have been helpful if I were able to since I probably would have discovered my lack of orthotics before 10pm at night. Oops!
- Saturday – SEAWHEEZE HALF MARATHON. Recap coming Wednesday…
- Sunday – REST! TRADER JOE’S! TARGET! And then I flew home to Merlin.
Total miles: 21.5 (including SeaWheeze warm up and cool down)
Very much not awful, but dang, that run from Tuesday hurt. Turns out heat + Canadian just doesn’t mix well 😉
There are currently 55 days until marathon #1 (of three) so I’m trying to get in as much training and cross training as possible. Heck, I might even try to get some more workouts in in the morning since I was able to wake up early a few times this past week without issue.
Look at me, I just might become a morning exercises after all!
[Tweet “Marathon training week 4: early mornings, heat, treadmills and #SeaWheeze #runchat #sweatpink #1millionminutes”]
When is your favourite time to exercise?
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!