Happy Monday my friends!
It’s a long weekend here in Canada and I’m very thankful for the extra day to get more domestic tasks accomplished that I neglected this weekend 🙂
I started Friday by chilling on the couch and watching bad TV that was on my PVR. I woke up on Saturday with some pain in my right leg (that’s the leg that can be a jerk) so I went to Barre instead of tacking the 4 miles on my schedule. I followed up barre with a trip to Costco to stock up on some healthy goodies for the week – I’ll be showing off some of my favourites on Wednesday (also on my to-do list today).
I spent the rest of Saturday snuggling with Merlin and feeling bummed that I couldn’t justify spending the $60 to watch Ronda Rousey kick some major butt. I have some major love for Rousey. I decided to torture myself with some foam rolling (post coming soon, I promise!) and then went to bed early.
Sunday I woke up, had coffee, ate a waffle and tackled my long run. I was pumped that my leg wasn’t bothering me and I was able to get the miles in.
Let’s recap the week, shall we?
- Monday – evening BODYPUMP class with Jen. This was my first time with the new release and it’s a toughie! We also had a sub instructor. The regular instructor for Monday’s is super awesome, so I think we were a tough crowd.
- Tuesday – Off. Right after PUMP on Monday I met up with a friend for beers and dinner. I ended up enjoying 3 beers and didn’t get to bed until midnight, so my priority was sleep and not running.
- Wednesday – 5 miles with strides. I was intimidated by this workout, but I did it!
- Thursday – 6 miles with pick ups. I didn’t quite nail this workout. Having two back-to-back challenging workouts wasn’t the best choice and it was hot (for this Canadian)
- Friday – Off. And I rewarded myself with cake 🙂
- Saturday – Barre
- Sunday – 9 miles long run. I focused on my HR zone and finished feeling great.
Total miles for the week: 19. Another lower mileage week, but I think I’m doing a pretty good job at listening to my body. I have some big challenges on my plate, so my main goal is to not get injured.
This week I’m running the Calgary Night Race on August 8 – today is your last day to sign up online! The following week I’ll be in Vancouver running SeaWheeze on August 15.
How was your week of training?
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!