I can’t say what, exactly, possessed me to 1) start a blog and 2) want to tell people who actually know me about it, but sometimes I do stupid things that don’t make any sense. I’m just going to go with it.
Since I’m a bit of a Type-A person, I wanted to have a bit of a plan for this-here-blog. I’m not much of a writer and so I decided to think about what I like about other blogs. When I think about the blogs I love reading (and there are a lot of them!) the ones I’m drawn to have the following:
- a true voice
- a theme. Ish. Even if the theme is basically just writing about every day things, there is a theme
- pictures. I really like seeing pictures in a blog post
- knowledge. Write what you know, right? (In that case, this should probably be all about lululemon, because, dang, I know that shit!)
- a story. This is my downfall. I’m not so great at telling stories. I can tell you something that happened, but writing a captivating introduction isn’t a strong point of mine. See my previous blog entries where the opening paragraph is all of two sentences. Not such a captivating introduction, is it?!
I’m going to do my best to work on writing stories and telling it how it is. I have a lot I want to say, but I’m also aware that I want to be respectful of my friends and family and peeps who may not want their biz-nas all over the internet. (Silly people).
That said, this is what I envision for this bloggity
- Fashion. I wouldn’t consider myself a terribly fashionable person, but I used to post pictures of my outfits and a lot of people loved it, so I’m going to try to do that every so often for y’all.
- Running. Obviously, since this is named Cowgirl Runs, it would be quite silly if I never posted about running. That said, this probably won’t be all about running and my training. If it were it would go something like this. Had a 10k on the scheduled. Decided to sit on the couch and drink beer instead…….Ran 10k. Felt good. Came home, drank beer. Not exactly captivating, is it?
- Random stories about me. If you know me IRL you know I’m pretty awkward and do stupid shit constantly. You’d better believe I’ll be sharing because if I’m laughing at me, you might as well all laugh along with me.
- Anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder. This may or may not be news to the people who know me. I’m pretty open about sharing about it, when asked. And, after a couple of drinks, I’ll probably tell you even if you haven’t asked. I’ve done a lot of work over the past few months to overcome this and I think the best way to remove any stigma associated with anxiety (and mental illness in general) is to talk about it. Now, I’m certainly not an expert and I definitely have a LONG way to go, but if I can help just one person by sharing my story, I’m going to do it.
- Other stuff. I like traveling for races and my dad lives in Kelowna which is pretty much the greatest place ever! You’d better believe you’ll be getting a TON of pictures and stories about those visits. I have two (possibly three) races on the calendar for the next year, and I’ll be talking about those and hopefully be booking some more races (Nike Women’s in 2014 anyone?!) over the next couple of months too.
Is there anything you’d like me to talk about? Because Lord knows I can talk!
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!