Feedly peeps – click here and add this feed for my blog if it didn’t already correct itself for you. This should (hopefully) fix the issue. Hooray!
Happy happy Thursday, my friends – and happy first day of May.
I love May – this is probably only because May is my birth month so May means presents, and cake, and extra time spent with friends and family. I looooove it!
Since I enjoyed confessing random things to you so much last week, I’m going to do it again! 🙂
1. My massage therapist is coming to MY HOUSE. Tonight. I’m both terribly excited (MASSAGE) and nervous (Merlin). See, Merlin isn’t one of those supervisory cats, he’s an in your face, must be near you at all times, cat. I’m really not certain how he’s going to behave, but I have visions of him climbing up my massage therapists legs, or attacking the sheets during the massage. I guess if he does, it’ll make for a good story?
2. I feel like less of a failure this week. This is good. I spent a lot of time over the weekend getting my breakfasts and lunches ready for the week. I didn’t do that last week, and I think that partly contributed to feeling overwhelmed nearly every day. My laundry was even folded and put away by Sunday! Love it!
3. I can’t do it all. I definitely feel like less of a failure because I took the time to take care of me this weekend, but I’m feeling behind in other areas of my life. I know I can’t do it all, and I don’t expect myself to, but it still bums me out when I feel like I can’t do it all. (Mainly I’m super far behind in responding to comments and reading blogs. I’m going to be hitting the “mark all as read” button pretty soon here. Sorry friends).
4. I feel really really good about my blog. It’s only been eight days since I moved to self hosting and I’m still working out some kinks (Feedly peeps, I have the WordPress people on it!!) but I’m loving it. So much. I also feel like I’m being continually rewarded for the effort I’ve put into this little space. As the person who never wins anything, like ever, I’ve won four giveaways recently. Seriously. FOUR. What even?!
I’ve been lax on sharing my goods with you, so I shall do that now.
Next up was Zevia from Hannah. I’m pretty sure I entered this one about 5 minutes before the contest ended. Whee! I won a free 6-pack and ended up buying all four flavours they had in store. I LOVE them!!
Finally I won a pair of Barefooters from Krysten as part of her Happy Heart 5k. This was such a surprise and a bonus. While I can’t wait for my Barefooters to arrive, I’d have paid the $20 to partake in the virtual race for no chance of winning a prize!!
Speaking of giveaways, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for some yummy snacks!!
5. S’mores trail mix exists and is amazing. I made an epic dessert on Tuesday with a banana, PB and s’mores trail mix. Ridiculous.
6. I’m probably going to complain about the weather this weekend. On Tuesday I planned out my runs and routes for the weekend. I was even going to replace last weekends failed 30k on Sunday as I’d like to run two 30k’s before my race in, oh, one month. And then I looked at the weather. Snow. Seriously. Both days. What even?! DISLIKE.
I made the mistake of actually looking at the forecast. And? 5-10cm of snow on Saturday. Seriously. Eff. That. Wednesday was the warmest day of 2014 and today is set to be even warmer, so, oh, hey, yeah, let’s freaking snow on Saturday. That’s cool. Frick.
7. I’m irrationally scared of geese. Seriously. It’s probably pretty comical to witness me dodging geese while on my runs. They aren’t terrible right now because their babies aren’t out yet, but once those babies are out and about they’re freaking mean and I hate them 🙁 A few years ago I had a goose chase me when I was on my bike! If I’m running with someone, I’ll always position myself so I’m furthest from the geese. Yeah, I’m nice like that.
8. I’m super pumped to announced I’m now a Girls Gone Sporty ambassador! I got the news over the weekend, but didn’t get a chance to announce it until just now. I’m pumped to be on Team Stellar with a bunch of fabulous women.
9. I’m really really loving my Fitbit! I should hope that I still love it five days later, but I super love it! One of the reasons I got it was to better track my calories burned vs calories to consume. I’m not overly fussed about how many I burn, but knowing how much to eat is important to me. It turns out, I was pretty accurate when I calculated how much I should be eating in a day. (PS: friend me here, you know you want to!)
10. I couldn’t not include this.