…..workout, that is.
Sorry, I really couldn’t resist that title.
(Wait, is it still cool to say #sorrynotsorry? I feel like that might be 2014…)
We all have those fitness days where we’re crunched for time and might not be able to fit in a workout. I know I’ve been there, but there are always some ways to get in some exercise, because something really is better than nothing!
Now, what I do for my quickie exercise depends on a number of factors: weather, time of day and just how much little time I have, so, dear friends, here’s a list of some ways to get some exercise in your day.
- Have a standing desk? Raise that sucker and get in some squats. If you’re feeling extra frisky, maybe add in some one legged squats. Heck, I bet you could even get some lunges in and only receive a few puzzled looks from coworkers.
- Waiting for dinner to cook? Grab an exercise band, tie it around your knees and do some crab walks while you wait for the timer to finish.
- Just feeling lazy? Do planks and clam-shells during commercials.
- Have some time, but not much? Lace up those running shoes and get out there and run a mile. Heck, maybe you can even fit in three! (Don’t have time to shower? Grab a baby wipe and deodorant and go to town!)
- Feeling tired and achy? Get your yoga on and finish it up with 15 minutes of foam rolling (I like to go back and forth over each muscle a slllllooooowwwww 10 times)
- Weather not cooperating? Grab a pair of sneakers (leave your wallet at home) and head to a mall to do a few laps. It may not be the same as a run, but it’s something!
I’m great at making excuses for not getting my runs or physio exercises in, but I’m (slowly) learning that making it habit – and not just habit, but automatic – is key!
Every Sunday I take a look at my week, determine where hiccups might be (like my hair appointment tomorrow evening when I have 8 miles on my calendar) and move things around so I don’t get caught off-guard. Sometimes I have to move rest days, sometimes I might skip a run (but I try never to skip more than one in a week) and most days I stretch and foam roll while catching up on TV.
If I didn’t take a look at my calendar ahead of time, I know for certain I’d wind up a mess come the end of the week.
[Tweet “Struggling to fit in fitness? Stop on by for six fun ways to fit it in! #DishTheFit #TheFitDish”]
What are some ways you squeeze in fitness in your life?
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!