For nearly two years, I’ve started every morning with a smoothie. Well, I’ve fallen into a bit of a smoothie rut as of late and challenged myself to step a bit outside of my comfort zone when it comes to smoothies.
When looking around for inspiration, I came up with a brilliant idea candy corn. I realize this is somewhat of a polarizing candy – you either love it or hate it – and I’m on the love side. Yes, I do quite enjoy sugar at times.
No this isn’t a candy corn flavoured smoothie.
Merely, it’s colours are inspired by candy corn: orange, white and yellow.
It took me a bit to figure out how to perfect it, but what screams fall more than pumpkin?
How about pumpkin, apple and coconut yogurt with vanilla chai Vega One?
Sounds pretty perfect to me.
- 1 apple, sliced and cored
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 scoop Vanilla Chai VegaOne
- Non-dairy milk, as needed
- Place ingredients in blender in the order listed.
- Blend on high adding liquid as needed.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- Try using frozen pumpkin or almond milk for a more traditional smoothie feel.
- Add in nut butter for some fat and staying power in the smoothie.
- Try different flavours of yogurt to mix it up a bit!
[Tweet “#SpookySmoothie: A candy corn inspired smoothie with @VegaTeam goodness”]
Are you a candy corn fan?
Have you ever tried a pumpkin smoothie?
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate or referral links. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!